Complete Matching numbers.
Light Blue original body colour (DB-317) , magnolia leather interior ,dark blue soft top and contrasting white “large window” hard top.
This car has just been fully restored including engine out, fully stripped body, new correct weave carpets, new,leather, new soft top, new rubbers, new chromework,etc.
The engine was rebuilt circa 3k miles ago and benefits from webber carburation.
The extensive restoration was carried out by a Mercedes specialist and is fully documented with invoices and full photographs showing the detail of the restoration .
Convertible, Hard and soft tops, Manual Gear box
This is a beautiful fully restored masterpiece
Mercedes-Benz between May 1955 and February 1963. Internally referred to as W121 (BII or B2), it was first shown in prototype at the 1954 New York Auto Show, and was available with an optional removable hardtop.
The 190 SL presented an attractive, more affordable alternative to the exclusive Mercedes-Benz 300 SL, sharing its basic styling, engineering, detailing, and fully independent suspension. While both cars had double wishbones in front and swing axles at the rear, the 190 SL did not use the 300 SL’s purpose-built W198 tubular spaceframe. Instead, it was built on a shortened monocoque R121 platform modified from the W121 small saloon.
The 190 SL was powered by a new, slightly oversquare 105 PS (77 kW; 104 hp) Type M121 BII 1.9 L straight-four SOHC engine. Based on the 300 SL’s straight six, it had an unchanged 85 mm bore and 4.3 mm reduced 83.6 mm stroke, was fitted with twin-choke dual Solex carburetors, and produced 120 gross hp. In detuned form, it was later used in the W120 180 and W121 190 models.
The car was available either as a soft-top convertible (initially priced at DM 16,500/US$ 3,998) or with removable hardtop (DM 17,650/$ 4,295). A small third-passenger transverse seat was optional. During its first years the 190 SL was available as a sports-racing model with small perspex windscreen and spartan one-piece leather covered bucket seats and aluminum doors. In 1959, the hardtop’s rear window was enlarged.
Both the 190 SL and the 300 SL were replaced by the Mercedes-Benz 230SL in 1963.